Friday, September 22, 2006

Bad Blogger!

My poor neglected blog. I am so bad about updating this thing. I really should work on that...

So last weekend Adam and I decided to take in a little culture in the form of...Oktoberfest! Exciting, huh? Friday night the Dragon Hill Lodge on post held a whole event complete with arm wrestling, nail hammering and the Chicken Dance! I'm not exactly convinced the Chicken Dance is truly authentic but it was quite amusing to watch, given how much beer some of the people had had before hand. There was also a raffle where they gave away a round trip ticket to the States. Sadly I didn't win, which means I will continue to collect my pennies so I can return home. Now for your viewing pleasure a couple of pictures:


I know this looks oh so real, but I swear we have not left Korea. ;)


The event took place in this big tent behind the hotel. I thought the flags and pretzels on trees were a nice touch.


Here's Adam enjoying his food. Appetizing, huh? hehe


I stuck with a safer choice for dinner: waffles, strawberries and whipped cream. Yum!

Sunday we went to an authentic Korean 1st birthday party for Adam's commander's daughter. For those of you that don't know, in Korean culture the first birthday is a big event since back in the day, many children didn't live to see their first birthday. As part of the ceremony, the child is asked to choose from a variety of items which symbolize their future. At this party they included two extra items - a computer mouse for "computer knowledge" and a microphone for a "pop star." Guess what item the little girl picks? The microphone! She's going to be a pop star! LOL I don't know if that's a good or bad thing but I found it highly amusing. Now onto my favorite photo from the party:



This just proves that you are never too old for birthday hats and noisemakers! hehe And look, it's even a Spongebob hat - perfect!

Ok I think that's all for now! I do have a few layouts to share but I think I'll save those for another post. Have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home