Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lazy Weekend

Nothing too exciting to report about this weekend. Adam had to pull duty at the hospital front desk all Friday night so he spent quite a bit of Saturday sleeping. Sunday we made a quick trip to Itaewon to get a couple of beanies for Susan, as requested. Apparently she thinks it's going to be cold or something in Chicago, hehe. But for $3 each you can't really beat the price and they come in a bunch of cute colors. So I got her one green one and one blue and I think they'll work out pretty well. The only sad thing is it will probably cost me more to ship them than it did to buy them. Oh well, anything to keep little Susan warm, hehe.

So last night Adam convinced me to attend an FRG meeting on post. (That's the Family Readiness Group, for you non military folk.) I had been involved in the group as the publications chair up until the group went defunct back in April. Our FRG leader at the time basically got frustrated after we had 60+ people show up for the Easter Egg hunt and then no-one show up at the next meeting. After that she pretty much quit trying to get anything done, and I can't say I blame her since I was pretty annoyed by the whole situation as well. Way to help support the cause people. But now there's a whole new set of commanders in charge so hopefully they'll be able to turn things around. I said I'd be willing to help if they needed me, although I always feel weird at these things since I am by far the youngest wife that attends. So we'll see, hopefully it will work out well.

And I promised I would come back with some layouts for you so here they are. None of them are really new but I hadn't posted them on here yet so I thought I would go ahead and do that, assuming Blogger cooperates. First up is a fun layout of Adam that uses Lyndsay Riches' Floral Fresh page kit which can be found here at PDW.


Credits

I made this next one for the first challenge at We Digi Dare Ya, the new digital dare blog. I'm pretty sure they're on Dare #4 now and so far I've only done one, so I'm a little behind. But I love the concept of it and it was created by a great group of girls so I highly recommend you check it out. You can find it here. And here is my layout for Dare #1:


Credits

This next one I made for the Digi Chick sketch challenge which you can find here. The papers and elements are from Leah Riordan's Geek Chic kit, which I love. My favorite part by far is the photos though which I used Holly McCaig's new Purty Pics black and white actions on. These are my favorite actions of hers so far, they made the photos look so cool! You can snag them yourself here.


Credits

And last, but certainly not least, is a layout using Jen Caputo's sketch from the last DST newsletter. I figure since I'm part of the newsletter team I should probably take the time to do a layout with it. So here it is. It uses Holly's new Ain't No Sunshine papers which you can find here. Aren't they pretty?


Credits

Ok well that's all I've got for now. Be sure to tune in next time for an exciting new weekly feature!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lynnette! Love all the layouts. I'm jealous, though. You have four new ones and I'm so busy I can't seem to find time to get ONE done these past couple of days!

BTW - Consider yourself tagged! Stop by my blog for the questions... :)

Melanie

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home